Statement of Faith of Hadley Community Church – January 2000
1. We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired of God, and inerrant in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and life. 2 Timothy 3:16-17.
2. We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Deuteronomy 6:4; Deuteronomy 6:2; Corinthians 13:14.
3. We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, and born of the Virgin Mary, and is true God and true man. Isaiah 7:14; Luke 1:35; John 1:1; John 1:14
4. We believe that man was created in the image and likeness of God, but that in Adam’s sin the race fell, inherited a sinful nature, and that man is totally depraved, and of himself unable to remedy his lost condition. Romans 3:22-23; Ephesians 2:1-3; Ephesians 2:12.
5. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all that believe in him are justified on the ground of His shed blood. Romans 3:23-26; 1 Peter 2:24.
6. We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into heaven, and His present life there for us as High Priest and advocate. 1 Corinthians 15:4; Romans 8:34
7. We believe in the bodily resurrection of both the saved and the lost – the saved to everlasting blessedness, and the lost to everlasting conscious punishment. John 5:28-29; Matthew 25:46
8. We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit, and that they thereby become children of God, and members of the Body of Christ, the Church, which includes all born-again persons in this present age. John 1:12; John 3:3; 1 Corinthians 12:12-14.
9. We believe that the Holy Spirit is a Person who convicts the world of sin, of righteousness and judgment, and who regenerates, indwells, enlightens, and empowers the saved, sealing them unto the day of redemption. John 16:8; 1 Corinthians 3:16; Ephesians 1:13-14.
10. We believe the saved are called into a life of separation from all worldly and sinful practices. James 4:4; Romans 12:2; 1 John 2:16; 2 Corinthians 6:14.
11. We believe that it is the obligation of every Christian to witness by life and word to the Truth, and to take part in proclaiming the Gospel to all the world. Acts 1:8.
12. We believe that Satan is a person, the author of all sin, the enemy of God, and the deceiver of mankind, and that he shall be eternally punished in the lake of fire. Job 1:6-7; Matthew 4:2-11; Revelation 22:10
13. We believe in the eternal security of the saved. John 5:24; John 6:39-40; John 10:27-30; 1 John 5:13.
14. We believe in the personal, pre-tribulational, pre-millennial, and imminent return of our Lord Jesus Christ. Acts 1:11; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17.
15. We believe that God is sovereign in the bestowment of all His gifts; and that the gifts of evangelists, pastors, and teachers are sufficient for the perfecting of the saints today; and that speaking in tongues and the working of sign miracles gradually ceased as the New Testament Scriptures were completed and their authority became established.